Privacy & Data Protection Policy - January 2013
Barnes Marine Units Limited, trading as Norfolk Boat Sales, is committed to protecting you and your family's personal information when you are using our services.
How we collect personal information about you.
We collect information from you in three ways:
- Directly from you. We will ask you for collection and delivery details which may include personal information about you
- From third parties. We may ask for information about you from third parties, for example when we get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card
- From what you do on our site. This can show us for example, which of our services you use most and least. We may use this information to personalise the site to better meet your needs.
How is your personal information used?
- Your information is used to provide and/or enhance the services we offer to you
- Some of our services are provided in conjunction with our business partners, for example when your payment details are processed through our payment providers we may need to disclose your personal information to them to provide you with the services
- Barnes Marine Units Limited may also use your information to keep you informed of new products and/or services that we are offering and think you may find of value
- To protect Barnes Marine Units Limited or others, we may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our, or another person's rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties to protect against fraud and reduce payment risks
- We may also transfer Customer Information if we re-organise our business and/or sell part of our business (Customer Information may be one of the business assets transferred to the purchaser)
- We may from time to time use your personal information to send you information by telephone, email, SMS or post about our company, our special offers and other information that you may find useful. If you do not wish to receive this information please opt out at any time by writing to us at the address below
- Where you purchase goods or services from us, we may from time to time use your personal information to send you information by electronic means including but not limited to email about our company, our special offers and other information that you may find useful. If you do not wish to receive this information please opt out at any time by writing to us at the address below
How long do we keep your information?
How long we keep your information collected through our website depends on the context in which you provided it. In particular:
- We will keep your information that is necessary for us to provide you with a service you have requested or purchased through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for up to six years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law
Can I find out what personal information Barnes Marine Units Limited holds about me?
- Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge ?ú10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity.). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. You can write to us at the address below.
You can of course request at any time that we correct any information we hold about you.
Keeping your personal information secure
We know that your privacy is very important to you and that you take the security of your personal information seriously. We've implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but data can never be guaranteed 100% secure. Please note that we will not be liable for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of Barnes Marine Units Limited 's features. Each browser is different; so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Barnes Marine Units Limited websites, not including Google Analytics, uses non persistent session based cookies for navigation and analytical data. Use of this website signifies your implicit consent.
The Barnes Marine Units Limited website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitor's use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Barnes Marine Units Limited.
Barnes Marine Units Limited will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool.
Barnes Marine Units Limited will not link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. The next time you visit our website (using the same computer) our server will recognise the cookie and provide us with information about your last visit.
If you do not want a Cookie to be stored on your hard drive you should select the appropriate options on your web-browser. Please refer to your web-browser provider or system user guide for detailed information on disabling cookies. Please be aware that disabling cookies may prevent the correct operation of some of our online services to you.
For more information about cookies, including how to change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Internetworking Protocol Addresses
An internetworking protocol address ("IP Address") is a number automatically assigned to your computer on connecting to the Internet. Barnes Marine Units Limited will make a record of your IP Address and may use it for administrative, security and statistical purposes.
Links to other sites
This website may include links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we're not responsible for their privacy practices or, site content, or the services they offer.
If you call any of the customer service telephone numbers quoted on this website, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
Barnes Marine Units Limited
Company No. 1321482
VAT Number. 363 6821 40