Training when buying a boat
When looking for a new boat many customers ask us about training, your reasons and requirements differ:-
- Ensuring you have the basic boat handling nailed when purchasing your first boat
- Making sure your crew are comfortable and confident handling your new boat
- Mooring up in that tight space
- Establishing your seagoing skills (if applicable) by an RYA qualified instructor
- Developing your experience
We can also offer help when collecting your boat for the first time, with a member of our team who will accompany you to your new mooring. This will give you time to acquaint yourself with your new boat and they will pass on some invaluable hints & tips to make your first solo trip a more confident one.
Please ask, we were all beginners once!
Gary Ross - Senior Instructor RYA Powerboat, Keel Boat and Dingies
Gary, a former commodore of the Norfolk Broads Yacht Club has taught many may people how to handle a boat. He's based in the Norfolk Broads and can offer training on a 1-2-1 basis or as part of a group. He's great at developing your skills, whether you are an experienced helm looking to improve or a beginner. His teaching style is fun and pressure-free
Gary is also able to offer boat deliveries